Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bright Sunshiny Day

It's another bright sunshiny day out there today, so I've got this Johnny Nash song running through my head: "I Can See Clearly Now." I'm not sure I can see clearly now, about all things, but I'd like to, and I do have some perspective on a few things. Wouldn't it be nice to become a true elder, a repository of some of the wisdom of the ages? Sigh...

But now, thanks to the word "clear," I've also got the song "On a Clear Day You Can See Forever" running in my head, sung by Barbra Streisand, though I don't know if I've ever actually seen the film all the way through. Is there a scene with Barbra standing like a figurehead singing on a ship? The plot of the film and the play involve clairvoyance, based on reincarnation.

Clearer in my head, is a scene from the play version, with Barbara Harris, played live on television, in black and white, probably as a promotion for the Broadway show. Fuzzier in my head is how and why I viewed this recently. Barbara Harris is an utterly charming performer, and a wacky one! The play, a musical, as is the film, is sort of loosely based on Berkeley Square, a sort of time travel adventure, so the layering and reincarnating just keep going on, not increasing my clairvoyance, but definitely enhancing the origami of my brain.

For more bright sunshine, plus clarity, wisdom, rust, and high heels, see this guest blog post by poet Karen J. Weyant at Escape Into Life!

4 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Please send a little sunshine southward! We are all wind and rainy days and gray cloud-cover.

Loved Karen's post at EIL. Thanks for doing what you do to connect us all!

Maureen said...

Great post at EIL. Karen's poetry makes for wonderful reading. I'd love to hear that poem read loud.

Dale said...

(o)

Karen J. Weyant said...

Thanks again for the Invite, Kathleen!