Monday, November 5, 2012

Fragility...

...transparency, and other good stuff.

Some days I have to remind myself that my fragility (vulnerability, sensitivity, excruciating shyness, etc.) is a gift. Other days, I find this--Greta oto, the glasswinged butterfly!--and I'm OK.

I'm excited, and scared, about Election Day tomorrow. I'll vote before exercise class, unless there's a crazy long line or something; in that event, I'll vote after. Some locals I want to vote for are not on my ballot, so I supported them in other ways, but the President will be!

My parents voted early, as did a lot of other people I know, but I do love voting on Election Day!!

6 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Now that is a lovely and amazing creature...just like you. Happy Election Day. I'm on pins and needles too!

Kathleen said...

Thanks, Sandy. Tomorrow will be a thrill....!!

Collagemama said...

I'm nervous, too, but voted early. Wish I had the rush of optimism many of us were feeling in 2008.

Now back to preparing an art class plan about transparency, fragility, and green glass.

seana graham said...

Love that butterfly! I had no idea such a thing existed.

Erin said...

Oh dear, I understand your flutters. Thank you for the lovely butterfly. I'll think of that tomorrow when I feel them in my stomach!

Kathleen said...

There was a sweet, short line. I voted and went to class with my sticker on my shirt! Yay! It feels good to be a good voting citizen.