Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Half the Perfect Moon

Imaginary playlist:

"Half the Perfect World," by Leonard Cohen, sung by Madeleine Peyroux

"I Wish I Were in Love Again," sung by Ella Fitzgerald (because it is stuck in my head) after hearing some Otterbein students sing this song for their Showcase production (what they will take to show agents and casting agents after they graduate)!

"How High the Moon" because...how high is it?

Beautiful half moon today (yes, just hanging there) and tonight, bright and clear, when I took strawberry hulls out to the compost bin. Global warming (I fear) has sort of re-started the garden.

And I am only half here, still catching up on things at home after a week in Ohio...and thus a little sugary (cupcakes, pumpkin bread) and scatterbrained. I walked into town on this beautiful warm day to do a little early, and local, holiday shopping. Well, not early for you organized people, but early for me. And definitely local.

Handy how-to-hull-a-strawberry guide.

Happy Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I believe it is actually Wednesday, but I am a day behind in my thinking...and the floor is sugary from baking...

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

Welcome back, mi amiga

Happy Holidays

Maureen said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kathleen!

Speaking of Cohen, I'm reading that bio by Sylvie Simmons. What a life!

The Swamp Lawyer said...

I do envy your ability to walk into town for shopping! Hope your holiday was pleasantly festive.