While I was gone (to the beach, with family wamily, in Michigan), stuff happened:
1) At Escape Into Life, the new poetry feature--Molly Spencer--was posted for me by Teia, who solves all problems. (I did not have Internet access where I was.) So check it out, poets!--and poetry readers!
ask the squirrels about that.
3) Normal, Illinois had a double rainbow, followed by resumed drought.
4) Michigan had plenty of rain--almost every night and parts of every day! But every day also brought some beach time, sunny time, and changes in the lake and tide pools.
5) My sister got lost. And I found her. By going down to the beach to think about her. My being there then assured her she was found when she returned from "a three-hour tour." (Gilligan Island theme.)
Jonathan Koch did a new painting, Strawberries and Cream.
7) Escape Into Life posted this tribute to its founder, Chris Al-Aswad, and a poem by him. When I got back, I attended the party in his honor.
Recent Earworm: "Darling," Active Child
1 hour ago