Friday, April 3, 2015

Really April

Big beautiful moon out there, peeps! Speaking of Peeps, the Washington Post Peep Diorama hilarity is upon us. Whenever I see these wonderful Peep worlds, I want to make one...and then I forget all about it. Instead, I do stuff like writing a poem a day in April for National Poetry Month, which gives me 30 drafts to fiddle with for a while. I guess I forget about some of those, too, and find them later, thinking, "What? Where did this come from?" If I can save one line from...breaking. Nope. In poetry, we want lines to break!

Anyhoo, here's a strawberry, upside down. Or right side up. I don't really know. By Jonathan Koch. At the grocery store, a woman was dipping giant strawberries in chocolate. She did not offer me one. I went there for milk, red potatoes, and a prescription refill and came home with wine, M&Ms (pastel and peanut pastel), and Tom's natural soap (lavender). I went to work and came home with The Paris Wife, by Paula McLain. The kids are coming home for Easter. I'm glad I left the Christmas tree up.

I should go cover it with Peeps.

6 comments:

Collagemama said...

A Peeps tree would be spectacular!

seana graham said...

Love the Peeps dioramas, although Peeps were never a big part of my life growing up.

I am not a poet but I am following the poem a day challenge over at Writer's Digest and noticed that Martha Silano was the guest judge a couple of days ago, which was pretty cool.

Kathleen said...

We didn't eat Peeps, either. That is cool--both about Martha and about you doing it!

Susan said...

I hope you made an Easter tree with peeps! It is a happy image.

Susan said...

I hope you made an Easter tree with peeps! It is a happy image.

Kathleen said...

Thanks, Susan. And I'm imagining it, too, as I never got hold of any Peeps!