Friday, May 22, 2015

Wardrobe

What a delight to have been featured this week in The Wardrobe's Best Dressed series in The Sundress Blog. (And probably my favorite kind of dress is a sundress, from childhood on! And one of my recent calendars came from Sundress Publications; it featured the men of Sundress--in sundresses!) The current series curator is Donna Vorreyer, a poet I admire, so I am doubly/triply/quadruply honored!

The Wardrobe contains poems from my recent chapbook, Interior Sculpture: poems in the voice of Camille Claudel (Dancing Girl Press, 2014), which arose from a collaboration with Columbus Dance Theatre on the production of Claudel, about the life and work of Camille Claudel, a sculptor, whose work lives in the Rodin Museum in Paris. We hope that someday Claudel will be performed in Paris, too!

You can find the poems here:

"After Rodin"

"Broken Figure"

"Red Umbrella"

"The Photograph by Carjat"

"Liquidamabar"

And the book here! Many thanks to Sundress and Donna Vorreyer for featuring the poems and the book!

3 comments:

seana graham said...

Very cool. Those poems just keep on making their way out there, don't they?

Kass said...

I jumped here from Sarah Jane's blog and was delighted to read some of your poems.

I especially resonated with "Red Umbrella"

Kathleen said...

Thanks so much, Kass! And thanks, Seana!