Saturday, December 30, 2017

Pops for Champagne

Today I encountered a coincidence, so, of course, it is a Random Coinciday in the blog. And also Slattern Day, as I don't intend to do (any more) work. Earlier this morning, I was posting a set of 3 related Music for Music columns at Escape Into Life for our new(ish) columnist, Dan Ursini (also a musician and playwright). This involved embedding YouTube videos and finding cool images.

Here are the 3 posts:

Music for Music: Joe Policastro Trio 
Music for Music: Joe Policastro Trio, Part 2
Music for Music: Joe Policastro Trio, Part 3

Yes, a trio of posts about a trio! But that's not the coincidence! The coincidence is that Pops for Champagne, a champagne bar, popped into my mind, maybe because it is almost New Year's Eve, which involved champagne, and when I dropped into their website, I discovered that their live jazz house band is The Joe Policastro Trio! Who gnu? (Plenty of people knew, just not me. Nor did I know that Pops for Champagne had moved to State Street. I thought my brain had melted when I saw that address on the website, but another website told me the place had moved. Thank you, Internet, for providing information and not melting my brain. But wait, the Internet can melt one's brain...Stop talking now....) Anyhoo, Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Collagemama said...

Melting our brains?? Oh no!