Friday, April 7, 2023

Being Human

Being human, I am still doing plenty of escape reading and eating lots of jelly beans. It's Good Friday. I worked, attended a medical appointment with my mom, and then our church Green Team in our new Green Team t-shirts helped the Ecology Action Center prep about 700 trees for planting. I got to tie a yellow ribbon round a lot of black walnut tree starts, orange ribbons around many hickory starts, and pink ribbons around another variety. Our little ribbons were as colorful as jelly beans! There was also mud and moss.

I loved The Humans, by Matt Haig. I read the nose cover and also enjoy the dog cover! An alien from outer space visits the icky humans on earth to thwart their mathematical advancement because of their general greed and aggression...but learns a few things. The dog helps.

Poetry keeps pouring out of me, onto a chalkboard and a computer screen and into a composition notebook. (Meanwhile, rejections.) I've been doing both poetry and prose in a Lenten workshop online that's about to end, and I provide prompts and poems for another online workshop every April. There's a great sense of camaraderie in both these workshops, for which I am grateful. Now my kids are coming home for Easter, so 1) some of the poetry may pause 2) I must not eat all the jelly beans!!

No comments: