Friday, January 20, 2012

Boxed Melon

Oh, glory! A reminder of summer on this bitter, windy winter day with a frozen pipe in the upstairs bathroom.
We're hoping it doesn't break.

Yes, this is the latest box of notecards from Jonathan Koch!

And I think this is the last day of the chapbook sale at Hyacinth Girl Press, where one of the choices is my forthcoming Nocturnes. Here's another brief nocturnal example:

Cucuyo

Havana at night:
ladies with lace nets of light,
beetles in their hair.



That one was first published in Blink, a tiny magazine for tiny poems. Women really did put glow-in-the-dark beetles in their hair as adornments! Happy weekend.




10 comments:

SarahJane said...

Oh, love that little poem. So glad I'm a Hyacinth Girl subscriber.

Kathleen said...

Yay, and thanks!

Anonymous said...

The cards of Koch look lovely. I may order some. Glad to see your comments site up and operating

Kathleen said...

Many thanks, Anonymous!

Kristin Berkey-Abbott said...

Good luck with the pipe! Plumbing that may run amok (and I always suspect the plumbing of plotting to run amok!) scares me more than anything else in the house that could be destructive. Well, except for the time we had a rat infestation!

Hannah Stephenson said...

Glow in the dark bugs as accessories...wow. My dad's dog is a huge Newfoundland named Chester. When they take him for walks in the summer, sometimes fireflies land on him and stay in his fur...he's a gentle giant :).

Hope it warms up a bit for you!

Sandy Longhorn said...

Thanks for the reminder of the sale. It's been a crazy week, but I got my order in just in time.

Crossed fingers re the pipe.

Collagemama said...

Wow. Love the tiny poem. It reminds me of The Story of Ferdinand.

Peg Kirk said...

Okay. I see I don't have to have an URL, just a name, and I can make a comment as someone other than anonymous. What a relief. Now that I have progressed into the 20th century, I'm ready to crawl into the 21st. I read your blog regularly, as you know, but am not always ready with a cleve comment.

Kathleen said...

Thanks for the good will, all! Pipe is still frozen but has not broken. Glad the comments box is working.