Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Googled myself...

...I Googled myself, which is good to do now and then to find out what anyone might be saying about me (sigh...usually nothing...) and discovered myself to have won an Honorable Mention in the New Women's Voices competition at Finishing Line Press!

http://www.finishinglinepress.com/newwomensvoices.htm

This is delightful news. The same thing happened to me last year, with the same press! I was a finalist in last year's open chapbook competition, and, since they offer publication to all 10 finalists, I have book coming out this fall, called Broken Sonnets.

You will soon (around July 16) be able to order it at their New Releases page, same link as above, just seach for link at top of page.

The new book is called Living on the Earth, and that publication process will start in a while, and take a while. But I will post links to advance sales, etc.....as soon as I figure out how!

3 comments:

Tim said...

I'm thrilled to see that Kathleen Kirk has posted this blog. She is one of my favorite writers. She's also an amazing actress. Google her acting work as well! Very excited about the new book!! I would encourage Kathleen to consider joining Facebook. I had the same reluctance to join because I am far more technologically challenged than she. But it is a great way to connect with people.

Tim said...

It wasn't Tim who said it. It was Chris. But I have no idea how or why I am Tim other than he is my husband and may have already formed an account that bypassed mine. Ah well. I tried.

Kathleen said...

Thanks Tim & Chris!