Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Lovely Bunch of Persimmons


Once again, I have failed to get 100 rejections in the 100 Rejections project. This year, I even failed to send out 100 packets of poems, sending out only 90 instead. The tally: 39 rejections (so far; they are pouring in here at year's end), 20 acceptances, 28 pending, and 3 N/A (lost, something weird, etc.).

It's sort of a slump. Of desire.

Meanwhile, the earworms just keep coming. You might like "A Lovely Bunch of Coconuts," as sung by a young Merv Griffin at YouTube! But I keep hearing "The Love is Gone" (aka "When Love is Gone") from The Muppet Christmas Carol (on the VHS version we have but not in the version shown in movie theatres), because when I got home from various errands today, "The Tree Was Gone" (aka "The Tree is Gone"); that is, the tree that fell into the back yard during the recent storm has been chopped up into wood chips.

4 comments:

Daniel Romo said...

Good Luck next year!

Kathleen said...

Thank you, yes! Next year, more rejections!

I love to laugh. This may give me a tea party on the ceiling!

Maureen said...

I'll predict the three "N/A" turn up. Dawn Potter recently received a rejection for work she submitted three years ago!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Kathleen.

Kathleen said...

You, too, Maureen! Thanks to you for all you do, and for your constant goodwill!