Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Not Somewhere Else

So. Tired. Of. The. Snow. And the wind, and the cold. Everybody predicted a hard winter. They were right. I was out in it today to 1) avoid cabin fever 2) get groceries 3) mail a couple chapbooks to people who helped me with it 4) get a new planner-style calendar with Christmas gift card to Barnes & Noble, plus 5) the newest Best American Poetry anthology, to continue my lifelong learning.

Before that, and before I was kicked off the Internet*, I posted the new poetry feature at Escape Into Life--Mia Avramut (poet/physician), with art by Luca Bartolato.

*So. Tired. Of. Getting. Kicked. Off. The. Internet. (See how that's kind of like thinking in winter boots?)

While on the Internet, I also saw the cover of Not Somewhere Else But Here: A Contemporary Anthology of Women and Place, Sundress Publications, forthcoming in February, but you can pre-order it now, if you want. Poetry and prose, and the link also shows you The Men of Sun(dress), a marvelous monthly calendar I have hung on the door to the downstairs bathroom, where my son, on a recent visit home, stood patiently flipping through all the wacky and wonderful photos of men in sundresses. He liked it.

So. Do. I.

Pineapple Still Life, Jonathan Koch, 2014, and Magnolia, 2013.

Too. Much. Snow.

1 comment:

jeronimus said...

I love these still life paintings. Wish I could paint like that. Thanks for posting.