Monday, January 20, 2014

Teal Blues

Ah, Monday. Or Blue Monday, as we say in the blog... The sky, an actual bright blue this morning, has faded to a pale gray blue. Google has a coral and teal blue graphic in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. A box of 99 copies (eh? where's the other one?) of my new chapbook arrived on Friday, with a deep teal blue color cover (a little greener blue* than the blue that turns up in the Internet images here and here). I love it and am so grateful to have the book out there in time for the dance/theatre production in Ohio.

And both kids came home for the weekend, so I am a little blue at the farewells: one this morning, and one yet to come, tonight. My son had to go back to work, though he didn't have to teach this morning, so he had sunshine for the drive back to Chicago. We had a lovely time just hanging out together this weekend--watching movies, playing Pictionary and cards, sharing meals. It extended the winter holidays a bit. And now...the blues.

But I've had a surprising number of winter poem acceptances, so I'm off to a good start in 2014! And there's plenty of good news for others in my poetry circles: one won a major book award, another was named state poet laureate!

Plus, for breakfast, mini-blueberry turnovers. So maybe my mood will turn over, too!

*Ah, bluegreen was one of my favorite Crayola Crayon colors. And now there's also a teal blue.

3 comments:

Collagemama said...

On my computer the Google doodle for MLK was very orange, not coral. Makes me wonder how far off it is, and how to adjust the monitor. I did think it was very striking with the doves.

Molly said...

Just ordered Interior Sculpture -- can't wait to read it.

Kathleen said...

Thanks so much, Molly!

Nancy, I'm never sure if the colors I see online are true! But it looked teal to me! And coral!