Saturday, April 6, 2013

Poetry Schmoetry

OMG, it's Day 6 of National Poetry Month, and, like many poets all across America, I am writing a poem a day. Today's prompt is "pick-up sticks," from the nursery rhyme, and I brought it on myself, in that I am in the habit of providing 30 random prompts for my in-person poetry workshop (now defunct) and an online forum I host, where I am a bit of a slattern.

This year I posted the exact same prompts in the serious, "good" poetry forum and the silly, "bad" poetry forum, for ultimate release. In both cases, a bunch of the poems will be truly bad. Others will simply be messy and need severe tidying up. Sigh...

Good thing it's Slattern Day in the blog. And have I mentioned my untidy house? (I also have play practice this afternoon, and a photo shoot, which will reveal my messy, ever-whitening hair.) One, two, buckle my shoe...

6 comments:

Collagemama said...

See a penny
Pick it up
All the day
You'll have good luck

in those green shoes.

Do you know the children's picture book called "Rhyming Dust Bunnies"?

Kathleen said...

I might have heard of it from you!

Kim said...

I wrote my own list of prompts for April. So far that's all I have written. Hmm.

Kathleen said...

It's a list poem!!

Hannah Stephenson said...

I'm playing pick-up sticks with a poem of my own this afternoon....and then reshuffling of a new manuscript. Erranding within the world of poetry!

Kathleen said...

Yay!!