Friday, April 19, 2013

Pulitzer Remix + Cephalopod


This collage by Gavin Lavelle is called Eden. I’m musing on that during this sad, scary manhunt in Boston. 

It’s one of the illustrations for this EIL Blog post on the Pulitzer Remix project for National Poetry Month, mentioned earlier here in my blog. I’m sharing the news at Escape Into Life because two of our EIL poets are participating, Sarah J. Sloat and Daniel M. Shapiro. They are among 85 poets writing poems by collaging words from Pulitzer-Prize winning fiction.

And this one is Madonna and the Cephalopod. As I understand it, cephalopods are way smarter than humans. We need one now.

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Amazing artworks.

Kathleen said...

Thanks, Maureen, and I am glad you are able to comment over there again! And that you are also doing a poem a day!

Collagemama said...

I love the Madonna, but can't get the image large enough to see if she is pointing a tv remote at the octopus.

Along These Lines ... said...

Interesting art. Glad Boston is over!

Kathleen said...

Nick, I'm about to get updated on the news. Nancy, you can click Gavin's name to see it and other of his works a little larger, but it's still hard to distinguish the object. I'm pretty sure that it's a little cup of water, though, on the holy family's flight into Egypt. I think this Madonna comes from a painting by Barocci that was in the Vatican collection, shown at the Art Institute in Chicago some years ago.