Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Timeout

Sunny & warm enough to walk into town today, to do banking & go to the post office. Florida stamps! I sent off a Christmas gift, utterly delayed... Yes, I am behind in many things, but I am indeed writing a poem a day this April. A few will last.

I just realized my otherwise unpublished poem "Unpaid Leave" was on Poetry Radio, WGLT, and here it is for you to listen to, with music by Danny Gotham and Glenn Mehrbach, "A Child is Born" from Sundays Two. The poem first aired March 28. I may have been preoccupied with snow. But it's a summery poem, if you need to warm up. For some reason, it makes me cry.

Also, it has tomato soup in it, as does the play Middletown, which I'm rehearsing tonight. The tomato soup scene. And the scene in which a child is born. Synchronicity again.

Please go read some short, wonderful poems by Lawrence Arancio over at Escape Into Life, with weird, wonderful family wamily photos by Julie Blackmon.

5 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Good luck with your poem a day!

Collagemama said...

Love the superhero and Julie Blackmon's images. Charles Addams must be chuckling.

Maureen said...

I never seem able to leave a comment at EIL anymore; it always tells me my e-mail address already is taken (yes, by me). Anyway, a lovely selection of poems, Kathleen. And, as always, beautifully paired with art.

Kathleen said...

Sigh, I know, Maureen. Even I can't leave a comment there! Something must have gone screwy. I'll ask...

Thanks, Sandy. Whew!

Thanks, Nancy. Tee hee!

Hannah Stephenson said...

I love those great images, Kathleen! I hope it's a wonderful, sunny weekend for you.