Thursday, June 14, 2012

Flapping in the Wind

Happy Flag Day! I do everything I can outside these beautiful, breezy summer days, so laundry is waiting for me in baskets on the picnic table, to fold outside. I will be flapping any wrinkles out of the clothes as soon as I finish here.

My swimsuit, from early-morning lap swim, is hanging from a hammock hook to dry. No doubt it is already dry. I am loving lap swim, of course. Cool morning air makes the water feel warm.

Hammock! Hang it up. It could be flapping in the wind, too, along with any neighborhood flags. Hey, I should put up our flag!

I have walked into town and back to pick up Amtrak tickets. I have given my mom a Salade Niçoise for lunch! Hmm, not very American. (And we did not want fries with that.)

Thanks to Wikipedia and Library of Congress for the free-use licensed/public domain flag image.

2 comments:

Collagemama said...

Three cheers for the red, white, and blue. Thanks for your you-ness, too.

Having a lot of trouble defeating the robots lately...

Kathleen said...

Thank you, and I am glad to know I have me-ness. I've been having robot trouble on other people's blogs, too. I think it involves the addition of pictured numbers among the verification "words."