Saturday, June 16, 2012

Make It So

Today is Captain Picard Day. "Make it so." Yes, I have a lingering crush on Captain Jean-Luc Picard, so it is surging up today. And enough of a lingering crush on Patrick Stewart that I am an X-Men fan (aided by my crush on Wolverine) and actually own an educational video of him playing Jean in Miss Julie.

My crush on Captain Picard is played out in a poem/daydream in this fabulous anthology, Make It So, available from Prime Directive Press, an imprint of Hyacinth Girl Press. I'm sure I have mentioned this before. That's how crushes go.

It is also Bloomsday, which people are celebrating all over the world in formal and less formal ways--for instance, here in Kristin Berkey-Abbott's blog, where she is also thinking about Dubliners.

And a friend is making it so by getting married today.

Me, I am trying to catch up on or move forward on various things today, but only in a vague, slatternly way, because it is also Slattern Day.

White hyacinths thanks to Wikipedia and GNU Free Documentation License.


Collagemama said...

I thought Picard+hyacinth had googlewhack potential. Instead magining the 70 year old woman living in Canada in 1852...

Kathleen said...

Pretty amazing.

Kim said...

This is Jean Luc Picard of the Federation Starship Enterprise. Yes, I know it looks like it's from the blog of Ensign Kim J Kimmel but really it's me. Thank you for having a crush on me. You rock!

(Now I hope I can prove I am not a hologram...)

Bethany Reid said...

A poet AND a Star Trek fan. Can it get any better?

Collagemama said...

Which reminds me of a book review I read yesterday for "A Hologram for the King", by Dave Eggers. Sounds promising.

Kristin said...

I am late in saying thanks for the mention of my blog in your blog--but working on the better late than never theory: thanks!

Kathleen said...

Lovely to hear from you again Jean-Luc!

Bethany, see above!!

Nancy, thank you!

Kristin, you're welcome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails