Monday, April 18, 2011

Fabulous Traveling Funeral

My book group is now reading Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral, by Kris Radish. This has got to be "chick lit," as the cover shows four women in a red convertible with a license plate that reads, "Divas 50."

They all have their arms up in the air (at least one hand on the steering wheel), and one of the women is holding a pair of red hightops.


I have red hightops. Note to self: plan fabulous funeral.

Temperature today at 7:00 a.m.: 41. Feels like 32.

Poem-a-day prompt: "You've got to be kidding!"

The Kris Radish book will be fun respite, funereal fun, from the other reading and re-reading I'm still doing for Great Books Chicago (Genesis, Brave New World, and Willa Cather, the center section of The Professor's House).  Busy times in April and May.

Plus, a jillion letters from the Civil War for a script I am writing. Many thanks to Seana at Confessions of Ignorance for an in-depth look at the word "skedaddle"! It has a very pertinent Civil War context. As I love to say, "Who gnu?"

Still managing my poem-a-day, though! Still getting some poems off in the mail or by way of submission manager. Still seeing people in real life. Still married.

Still job-seeking in a haphazard trust-the-universe kind of the way. Still hoping this will be a manna-from-heaven job where someone offers to pay me for what I already do!

I've got to be kidding...

Delightfully, Kris Radish also writes poetry! Who gnu?

And has a poem called "Dancing Naked"! She sounds like 1) my kind of girl 2) someone to invite to next year's women's retreat!

2 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Who gnu? I'm still laughing.

I have faith in you and the job-seeking. It will happen!

Kathleen said...

Thanks again, Sandy. Jiggle it out there in the universe for me, and the right manna will surely come!