Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sweet!

Other than the tornado sirens and hellish hail, the women's retreat this weekend was sweet!!

As I recall, all I did was eat, sleep, talk, read, write, and eat. Did I mention the eating? Did I mention the fried chicken?

Seems like I forgot something. Oh, drink! There was wine! And wild laughter!

So, although it is not at all Tuesday, it is Fat Tuesday in the blog. Surely I will still be fat on Tuesday.

I enjoyed the movie Eat, Pray, Love, which had plenty of food in it, including the pizza in Naples, and Javier Bardem is delicious. Richard Jenkins (Richard from Texas) is appropriately bittersweet. Don't worry, I'm not going to keep mentioning the tasty men.

When I got home, I had a poem acceptance from Sweet! What could be sweeter?

P.S.  If you want this sweet button, you can get it at Zazzle.

10 comments:

Maureen said...

Congrats. You've been on a roll with all these accepted submissions.

Have read the book but have not seen the movie. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

Kathleen said...

Yes, very fun, Maureen!

DJ Vorreyer said...

Congrats on what sounds like a great weekend and on your acceptance. Sweet is a great journal - and they obviously had the good taste to accept your work!

Kathleen said...

Ha! Funny, Donna! And thank you.

Nancy Devine said...

glad you had fun.

Susan said...

Congrats on your acceptance! Your weekend sounds wonderful :)

Kathleen said...

Thanks! Yes! Wild laughter, wild weather, wild women, and wine + food. Excellent weekend.

Kathleen said...

I guess the sweet button is a magnet. But if I put it on my fridge and push it as if it were a button, it might transform the contents of the refrigerator into all sweets. Right?

Sandy Longhorn said...

So glad you had a restorative weekend! Congrats, congrats, congrats on the acceptance. As the kids used to say, "Sweet!"

Kathleen said...

Thanks, Sandy. And the journal Sweet means it in the "Awesome!" as well as the "Yummy!" way.