Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

I wish I could say I've been a true slattern on Slattern Day in the blog, but instead I baked pumpkin bread, from scratch, now in the oven,* at the request of my daughter.

Also I grilled many sandwiches--cheese, ham & cheese--at the request of my son, daughter, and husband. It is nice to have everyone home for Halloween weekend.

In addition, my parents are home safe from elder hostel in Missouri. Hmm, not that anything too terrible would happen to them in an elder hostel...but, well, you know.

Meanwhile, big winter snowstorms predicted for parts of the country while blue sky and gorgeous color continue here...

And the house smells so, so good.

*the importance of sentence structure.  One false move, and my daughter might have been in the oven!

6 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Pumpkin bread...yummmmmmmmm!

Carol Berg said...

Yummy! Looks delicious Kathleen. Glad your parents are okay, too. Happy Weekend!

Collagemama said...

Sentence structure and apostrophes are both important. Glad your daughter, Gretel, is not in the oven. Walking in the woods yesterday I was thinking it is better to know your nuts than know you're nuts. Black walnuts are the nuts in this instance, but pecans also abounded. And now I'm wishing for a grilled cheese sandwich midnight snack. Happy Halloween!

Dale said...

Yum!

seana graham said...

Kathleen, try as you might, you keep slipping from slatternliness. I could try and give you some tips, but they probably wouldn't take.

I love anything pumpkin. I really should be taking more advantage of the season.

Not to bake of course. To eat and imbibe.

Kathleen said...

Oh, yes, Seana, eat pumpkin and be merry! I shared your Wordmall find with my zombie-poetry writing pals--specifically, "basinecrophobia," or fear of zombies.