Friday, October 21, 2011

We Love Our Animals

Today, on Facebook, my son posted a picture of a cat wearing a chocolate PopTart.

Hard to explain.

"Do you have a cat?" I asked, via comment. I try to be unobtrusive on Facebook; it is already kind enough that my son agrees to "friend" me.

Friends close to home and "virtual" (online) friends have been suffering the illnesses and deaths of their pets. My heart goes out to them. I will miss a dog named Wolf.

And I miss and fondly remember some cats and dogs I have known and loved:

Calico
Dulcie (Dulcinea)
Germi
Buck
Dolly
Sammy
Thurber
Harper (Harper Lee when we thought he was a she)
Cheeks
Britney (named by the kids, only briefly with us, as she ate the chairs; she really does live on a farm now, and was born on a farm, so all is well)

If there is another pet in my future, it will be:

1) an accident (a stray taken in as we took in Harper and Cheeks)
2) an Airedale (trained by Virginia; re-trained by Bob)
3) a drunken goat

4 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Love your list. Dulcinea is my favorite.

Memories are good.

Kathleen said...

Thanks, Sandy. Yes, memories of our sweet animal friends, and our human ones, too, are good.

Kim said...

A drunken goat would make drunken goat cheese?

Kathleen said...

Exactly, Kim Kimmel! And eat weeds. We would have to carefully discuss the flower situation, me and that drunken goat.