Monday, April 30, 2012

Semi-Sweet Morsels

I'm a weensy bit blue on this gray Blue Monday in the blog, but only because I just wrote the last of 30 poem drafts in the National Poetry Month poem-a-day celebration.

Local prompt: death.

I love doing this even if a bunch of the poems are, um, crap. Enough of the others are workable that I keep working on them! Or save something from them. And a bunch of them from past years are now out there in the world, having gone through enough transformation that I often forget they originated in this April celebration!

Sigh...

So, a semi-sweet sort of nostalgia is already upon me.

9 comments:

Maureen said...

If you need some more sugar, we've got lots of sweets over at the TweetSpeakPoetry blog. We're playing at creating found poems.

Kathleen said...

I don't yet tweet
But it sounds real sweet!

seana graham said...

Congratulations on getting through an entire month of poetry. I got a bit waylaid by other things to try it this year, but here's hoping next year will be a more focussed one. I'm not really a poet, but I find trying to write some really bad poems a good thing to do.

Hannah Stephenson said...

Semi-sweet is sometimes more delicious than sugary sweet.

I'll be interested to see what you make out of all of your great material!

Kathleen said...

Oh, yes, I tend to prefer semi-sweet!

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

I'm such a 'chocoholic' that I've snuck a piece of bakers chocolate from our cabinet and my wife was not too happy with me. She says that bakers chocolate is bitter but I just like the taste of chocolate. Tis the type of chocolate I would get when a little person back in my country of birth. Don't be a 'hater'.

Molly said...

Tonight, to console myself, bereft of poetry month as I am, I shall eat dark chocolate with crystallized ginger. Which almost compensates for the end of poetry month.

The Beans said...

As an observation, kudos to choosing a bag of Nestlé semi-sweet chocolate chips as this post's photo because said bag has a silhouette of a chocolate chip that appropriately looks like a doo.

(Don't feel bad if your work is crappy. Even the greatest of masterpieces weren't perfect the first time they were written.)

-Barb the French Bean

Kathleen said...

Semi-sweet doo does indeed describe some of my April poems....