Monday, September 8, 2014

Blue Glasses

My new glasses arrived over the weekend, and I've been getting used to them, and to seeing better! I'd been taking off my glasses to read, and now I can keep them on again. True, sometimes mounds of grass seem to be rising to meet me as I walk through the yard, and I can't tell if it's 1) the bifocals 2) the lawn needs mowing or 3) all of the above.

It's a beautiful blue-sky, fall-coming-on kind of day, with a big full supermoon tonight. The moon was gorgeous in a clear sky here last night, too. Perhaps when I was young, I saw the world through rose-colored glasses, but only for a time. Mainly, that was an expression I asked my mom about. Now I am happy to see the actual moon through blue-colored eyeglass frames, happy to grapple with what's right in front of me...

Er, or appears to be right in front of me.

1 comment:

Collagemama said...

I'm sure you will have a short adjustment period. Thanks for reminding me the eye doctor needs to be on my to do list.