Monday, September 15, 2014

Blue Morpho

A rainy Blue Monday in the blog. Time to catch up on house-cleaning and record-keeping. There's a little less dust in my office, a few more books off the floor and onto the shelves, and a bit less scatter in my brain. But some! It's always good to have some scatter brain. I have a hat* that says "Scatter Joy" (Emerson) and I wear it over my brain to remind me. I do need to clear my head for the next writing project. A museum project looms, and the cemetery walk is coming, but this was a hunker down at home catch-up day for sure.

This Blue Morpho Butterfly is by Martin Johnson Heade.

Blue was always my favorite color in childhood. This kind of light blue, pure blue. Then I loved green, bright green, grass green. And then yellow, sunlit yellow, daffodil yellow, lemon yellow, for it was the color of joy. I'm coming back to blue these days, and back to my childhood self. Hmm.

This blue chysalis, for a Monarch butterfly, is by Lorel Ski.**

*Thanks, Tim! **Thanks, Lorel Ski!

7 comments:

seana graham said...

Somehow this made me think of the novella "Morpho Eugenia", which is in A.S. Byatt's collection, Angels and Insects. Ever read it? They made a movie of it too, but they called it Angels and Insects for some reason, even though the angels were part of another story.

Lorel said...

Sweet entry for a blue Monday. You always impress me.

Kathleen said...

Well, I was a little more scatterbrained than I even knew! I forgot to go to my 4-6 class! Even typing the words "Blue Monday" did not jog my scattered brain into realizing it was, indeed, Monday! Sigh...

seana graham said...

Maybe it's the day. Although I didn't forget, I didn't go to my usual 5 to 6:30 discussion group either.

Kathleen said...

Thank you, Lorel!

Yes, Seana, I saw that movie and read that book!

Collagemama said...

Keep on keeping on morphing blue.

Kathleen said...

Yes, indeed, to morphing and to the oddness of the day.