“Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”—Cyndi Lauper
“Famous Blue Raincoat”—Leonard Cohen, sung by Jennifer Warnes
“Bare Bones”—Madeleine Peyroux
Erin Hollowell of Being Poetry has given me the Stylish Blogger Award, so I have put my Famous Blue Raincoat on over my Bare Bones, and am gliding around in red high-tops with various feather boas and accessories to celebrate. And, oh, my, as I dance by the computer, I see that Nancy Devine, another Stylish Blogger, also thinks I’m stylish. Thank you, Erin and Nancy! It’s Fat Tuesday in the blog!
Five more Stylish Bloggers:
Nancy L. Ruder, of Collage Mama’s Itty Bitty Blog, where I’ve seen beautiful photos and collages, kids’ art, and a feather boa or two.
Carolee Sherwood, who has a lovely poetry blog with some personal commentary, so she might have room to share 7 things about herself, one of the "rules" of this award.
Susan Harper Slaviero, of Mythology and Milk, who knows all about corset and cupcake style! Her 7 things might include dreams and cyborgs!
Sherry O’Keefe, of Too Much August, Not Enough Snow, who has an elegant prose style, marvelous poems, and gorgeous photographs.
Sarah J. Sloat, of the rain in my purse, who was just talking about her “uncool clothes” but who, as you’ll see, is very stylish.
Follow or not, here rules come: link back to the blog that awarded you, notify 5 new award winners, and tell 7 things about yourself.
1. My son says he likes my poems about corpses. I think there’s just the one, but he likes it and likes that it’s online.
2. Lorel, who calls me Kathylene, allows me to decorate my blog with her unusual flowers.
3. I had a sweet conversation with a young man on the train who was writing on a legal pad, journaling as it turned out. So my new question might be, “What are you writing?”
4. Mark Ruffalo is my heart throb. OK, so is Colin Firth. Yes, yes, George Clooney’s nice. Where was he at the Oscars?!
5. I have had two frenectomies.
6. My Valentine’s Day tree is still up. (You know I’m going to decorate it for Fat Tuesday.)
7. My geranium is blooming. (My indoor geranium.)
Very cool that Erin’s Being Poetry blog supports Powell’s Books of Portland, Oregon! I like the Powell’s in Chicago, too.