Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Correct Spelling

Day 218 of the "What are you reading, and why?" project and I am reading The Correct Spelling & Exact Meaning, by Richard Jones, because he is one of my favorite poets, and a mentor!

And because I love correct spelling, punctuation, and exact meaning.  I like the comma before the "and" in a list.  Business punctuation, that trend that took the comma out, destroys the exact meaning.  Sigh....

And I love these pencils, posted by Dorianne Laux at Facebook.  Another favorite poet.

And I love the alphabet.  And erasers.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

But I do allow myself the judicious sentence fragment! And way too many exclamation points!!

Kim said...

Sentence fragments are the sherbet between delicious sentences. Did I spell that right?

Ellen said...

I am almost afraid to write something because my grammar and spelling "ain't what they should be" but I will anyway.

I see from your older blogs that here is a place I can get ideas for some REALLY GOOD BOOKS to read. Thanks, Kathy.

Kathleen said...

Hi, Ellen! Yep, that's what we do here: books!

About spelling, fear not! As my sister's yoga book reassures me, "Be yourSLEF!" We are all imperfect in such a lovely variety of ways!

marydee said...

Kathy,
Love love love the pencils posted by Dorianne!
The photo has inspired me to start some kind of creative project. I need to get my paints out of the closet!
Thanks.
mary