Sunday, December 2, 2012

Reading Woman

Today I got myself this calendar. Instead of Christmas shopping. This, of course, is a hazard of Christmas shopping. Shopping for oneself. But I really, really needed a weekly planning calendar, as I have started cramming notes into the back pages of the little pocket-sized planner I wheedled out of my daughter last year. (It was an Advent gift from her grandmother. Sorry, Mom. I really, really needed a calendar small enough to carry around.) And some felt coasters. On sale. In the shape of fall leaves. For the bedroom (nightstand, water glass), a need I determined while dusting. While not being a slattern.

I am indeed a reading woman. I am currently reading Life of Pi, by Yann Martel, so I will not feel guilty going to see the movie. Enjoying it and learning a lot about wild animals and the zoo.

Also reading Simone Weil, a book of her journal entries, gathered as Gravity and Grace. I've been needing to read her for years, and I am reading both books at the right time, interspersed with poetry books.

It was 64 degrees today. I walked to church and back (shopping and lunch in between) and took off my coat. Sun is shining, leaves are golden and orange, husband has done the last rake. He's not a slattern, either. But he does tend to fall asleep while reading.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I bought myself the same Christmas gift I bought you, as I do every year...mailed the check off today! Happy Sun(ny) Holidays!

Kathleen said...

Thank you, my dear, dear friend. I look forward to READING it!

Cathy said...

Looks like a lovely calendar! I've had my 2013 Zen Cat calendar since September. I need to get one early for my store event planning duties. Well, and besides I order the calendars, so I get first pick.

Hope you enjoy Life of Pi, both book and movie!

Kathleen said...

Thanks, Cathy! I looked at a cat calendar, but they weren't Zen cats, and it was a chain store, not a small local business. The Reading Woman was a great find at our classic kitchen & gift store.