Thursday, June 17, 2010

Unearthing the Dragon

Day 129 of the "What are you reading, and why?" project and Beth, who does not read blogs, is reading Dorothy Sayers and Unearthing the Dragon, by Mark Norell and Mick Ellison, about Chinese feathered dinosaurs.

I feel like I have been to CoincidOz and back! I just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson, and a character in it reads a lot of mysteries, including Dorothy Sayers. My kids are on a Friends kick, and Ross has just been going on and on about paleontology, and Joey somehow did not realize chickens were highly-edible-Kentucky-fried birds, and Unearthing the Dragon is about how dinosaurs are more like birds than lizards, and the research that supports this relatively new discovery.

Childhood--I remember all those books about dinosaurs as the "great lizards." And, yes, dragons. They were always reptiles in my mind. To think of them also as birds is really neat! I love revision, and revision of knowledge. That's all for now. But I'm sure something will get revised tomorrow!

No comments: