Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blessed Are the Meek

I couldn't give Susan a Memetastic Award at her professional/church blog, as it wouldn't be appropriate for her to copy the image and send along the rules, but I can give the Meektastic Award for today's reflection in church, one in an ongoing series on the beatitudes.  In random coincidii mode, it collided with Evolution Sunday, in celebration of the birthday of Charles Darwin, who shares a birthday with Abraham Lincoln, turning out to make perfect sense, after all.

Not so random is her apt association of the blessedness of the meek with the people's nonviolent revolution in Egypt.  The word origins and historical meanings of the word "meek" are wonderful to hear.  You can read the reflection here, Blessed Are the Meek, where Susan also provides links to her source materials.

You can read many thoughtful, provocative reflections by Susan Ryder and Bob Ryder at Reflecting Pool, a blog for reflections (not sermons) written and spoken at New Covenant Community.

And if you need your dog trained, go here: Pawsitive Transformations.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

And I forgot that maybe Julie can't do this, either. Nobody should feel obliged, but you are all fantastic!!

DJ Vorreyer said...

Bummer - I just saw that you will be at Woman Made on April 10, the same day I am reading at the Rhino release party at Ralph Hamilton's in Evanston. Maybe I can make it on the 28th...

Kathleen said...

Aaauugghh. I didn't know about the RHINO release reading. Hmm, I wonder if Nina at WMG realizes this conflict.