Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wild Turkey

Yesterday's blog entry, featuring Buddhism and J. Wellington Wimpy, got no comments whatsoever, making me think I might have gone off the deep end.  Then I went to see Proof, at Heartland Theatre, where going off the deep end is a central concern of the brilliant mathematician family wamily.

So today, I am just going to mention that I will be seeing a lot of volleyball and making turkey chili with green olives and raisins.  (But no slivered almonds, as the family wamily doesn't like to find nuts in foods.) Finding nuts in the general area of the kitchen is OK.

I won't be drinking any of this--Wild Turkey--and I notice you have to enter your birth date even to enter the official Wild Turkey website.

Speaking of birth dates, mine is circling around again tomorrow, making me finally old enough to enter the Wild Turkey website.

Heh heh.

No, really, this is the year in which I will be reading The Elegance of the Hedgehog, by Muriel Barbery, because I will be the same age as the French concierge philosopher woman.

No particular birthday plans with family wamily, but a poet friend is coming over in the afternoon tomorrow, and that will be a treat.  I will offer her leftover turkey chili (leftover is the best! spices steep, etc.) but no Wild Turkey, unless I can get hold of this beautiful bottle. And then we might just want to run our fingers over the glass ridges. Because we are poets.

13 comments:

Kim said...

I commented on your blog yesterday!

Ellen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, tomorrow, Kathleen.

Nancy Devine said...

the bottles are quite beautiful.
you've not gone off the deep end. i finally got to your post from yesterday. it got me wondering: do i have the compassion i should have for those i encounter each day?

JulieK said...

That bottle is amazing. Happy birthday a day early!

Maureen said...

Have a very Happy Birthday, Kathleen!

Kathleen said...

Bottles and birthdays, yay!

Really, Kim? (I didn't get the usual comment email....) Maybe it was the day before yesterday, or maybe my figners were glued together and hit the wrong button!

Sandy Longhorn said...

Happy, pre-birthday, Kathleen!

Emily said...

So, how old are you in non-linear time?

Kim said...

Yes, right after the quote "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today." I said "And I'll marry you tomorrow for a honeymoon tonight." Perhaps I erred on the code word thinking about honeymooning ...

Elephant's Child said...

Loved the Elegance of Hedgepigs. Hope you will too - and have magic filled birthday.

Kathleen said...

Thanks, all. In non-linear time, it does not matter. Likewise, in honeymoon time.

Collagemama said...

Let your figners do the walking through "Elegance...". Visiting my son & daughter-in-law and hearing their building concierge battles helped me better understand that environment.

Do you have "One Hundred Names for Love" on your To Read list? The reviews sound up your alley. http://www.blueflowerarts.com/diane-ackerman

Kathleen said...

I will add it, CollageMama! I was just talking to a man about Diane Ackerman....and it ties in with the other stroke/memory loss books I've been hearing about on NPR!